
My name is Deanna and I teach at St Thomas More's Brighton Le Sands, I have been teaching Kindergarten over the last 3 years and I am looking forward to learning more about Web 2.0 tools to further inform my teaching and assist in the learning opportunities I provide for children that I teach now and in the future. Last year I was asked to participate in the CEO's iLe@rn project which together with a collegue, we presented our project at the iLe@rn Showcase day at the beginning of this year. Our project explored the use of Multimodal Literacy Skills and Communication and Collaboration Skills in order to achieve classroom outcomes in HSIE, English and CAPA. Through the involvement with the project I have become more familiar with the new iLe@rn model as well as had the opportunity to see a variety of ways technology can be incorporated into classroom teaching in order to achieve positive learning outcomes. Although I had some understanding of what Web 2.0 tools are, the first module has provided greater insight and understandingof these tools. I have learnt the difference between Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 and gained understanding that the internet is not only a tool to retrieve information but to also contribute and communicate information.
This is the first blog that I have written and am quite excited about the learning journey ahead.
This is the first blog that I have written and am quite excited about the learning journey ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment