
I had used Google Docs in the past- with both my sister in high school and the other doing her Masters at uni. I actually happened to stumble upon it when opening an attachment sent to me through my gmail account which gave me the option to open it as that tool. It is a great tool that enabled us to edit documents (mostly assignements) online rather than through phone calls and endless email attachments back and forth. Google Docs is very straight forward and user friendly, it is also great that documents can be saved online ensuring that they can be accessed from any online computer without having to carry around some sort of hard copy.
For the purposes of the course I created and edited a unit of maths and sent it to a collegue. I can see that this type of practise could come very handy when programming with other teachers as all can contibute to the process rather than the usual practices that are in place at the moment eg. teachers taking on different KLAs to prgram for and then giving the completed program to their grade partner. It provides more of an opportunity for teachers to collaborate in the one place.
I can also see where the use of Google Docs would be great in promoting communication and collaboration skills within students, where students can work together and contribute on the same document in a digital format in order to present information.
No comments:
Post a Comment